Utility Safety Solutions Limited, (**address**)
1. Service Standards
We aim to provide you with high standards of service at all times. We will:
- keep you informed in writing of progress.
- communicate with you in plain language.
- keep you advised of the likely timescales for each stage and any changes to those estimated timescales.
- we will respond to your emails and telephone calls within a reasonable time period.
To achieve the best possible outcome, we need to work together with you. We will:
- carry out assessments of current work practices and advise if you are achieving legal compliance or not.
- we may also carry out senior management briefings, staff awareness and training sessions or other activities agreed with you.
- when attending on-site we may carry out assessments to review your current work practices, inspections, audits, and training.
- advise you of legal compliance of Health and Safety and when you should or may wish to make changes to the work environment.
- advise you of current health and safety legislation and suggestions on how to implement the changes.
- provide you with written report of the outcome with recommendations for you to implement the changes, it will be your responsibility to make the changes to the recommendations made by us.
You need to when we attend on-site:
- provide us with access to the appropriate people.
- provide us with access to the current written processes in place.
- provide relevant documentation relating to the work environment and/or industrial environment.
- inform us in advance, if we are required to attend any areas within the site that are hazardous.
Full details of training provided are available upon request.
You need to ensure the following:
- when attending training sessions the delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English Language.
- all delegates must attend the required length of the course to receive the relevant qualification.
- in the event that a person cannot attend part of the course then they will be required to attend the course on a different date subject to availability and this may incur further fees.
- Comply with Utility Safety solutions equal opportunities and dignity policy.
4. Hours of business
Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm.
5.1 Day rate
The day rate is calculated based working on-site for a specific number of hours each day and for a set number of days over a period of time. Expenses may be in addition to the day rate. This information will be provided to you from the outset.
5.2 Consultancy rate
The consultancy rate is calculated on a specific project being undertaken. A full proposal will be provided setting out the calculation. Expenses may be calculated and included in the overall consultancy rate.
5.3 Training rate
The training rate is calculated based on bespoke training provided. A full proposal will be provided setting out the calculation.
We travel for free up to the first 25 miles from our office. Thereafter, we will charge 45 pence per mile.
7.1 Consultancy and Day Rate
Payment of all invoices for consultancy and day rate is required within 30 days of the invoice date and paid via BACS. We may charge you interest on unpaid invoice at 8% per year, from one month after the delivery of our invoice.
Payment for training courses is required to be paid in full and at the time of booking the training course.
8. Value Added Tax
We do not charge VAT.
In the event that when booking training course and you choose to cancel the training course the following will apply:
Less than 3 working days’ notice you will be charged 75% of the agreed fee.
Less than 7 working days’ notice you will be charged 50% of the agreed fee.
Less than 14 working days’ notice you will be charged 25% of the agreed fee.
In the event that you are unable to attend any part of the training course once the course has commenced a further fee may be charged for you to attend on a different date to complete the course.
In the event that you have agreed for us to undertake consultancy work and either cancel within 2 days prior to us commencing or during the duration of the work/project you choose to cancel certain elements of the project or do not allow us to fulfil the project, you will still be charged the full quoted price.
In the event that one or more of the provisions of the Agreement is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of the Agreement. The remainder of the Agreement shall be valid and enforceable.
11. Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of our dealings with clients, third parties and employees.
12. Data protection
We use the information you provide primarily for the provision of advice and guidance.
13. Applicable law
Any dispute or legal issue arising from our terms of business will be determined by English law and will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Bank account details: Business Account
Account name: Utility Safety Solutions Ltd